By selecting Settings > General settings in the program menu, it is possible to determine the settings for the program and invoices, add bank accounts and view information about Tax Board documents.
General settings are divided into sections: program settings, invoice data, invoice logo, invoice series, bank accounts, and VAT number and reference number information.
Program settings – if you click on ‘Change’, you can select modules that are displayed in the program and make other choices related to the software and invoices.
A window opens where you can enter:
• Rows per page – you can select how many rows of data are displayed in lists
• The number of days due, after which the invoice can be marked as doubtful
• The number of days due, after which the invoice can be marked as hopeless
• Include all VAT invoices under KMD INF (ignore the 1,000 euro limit)
• Use cash accounting rules for KMD INF
• Sales invoices may contain trade secrets (lawyers, notaries)
• Show doubtful and hopeless invoices on workspace
• Activate Cost/Profit Centers module
• Activate Settlements module
• Loans module activated
• Accept e-invoices
• E-invoice arrival notifications e-mail address (separate multiple addresses with comma)
• Allow marking as paid by bank account
After making the selections, click on ‘Save’.
Invoice data– when clicking on ‘Change’, data related to sales invoices of a company can be changed.
• Default sales invoice template
• The address on invoices
• E-mail on invoice
• Homepage on invoice
• Phone on invoice
• Fax on invoice
• Subject of an invoicing e-mail
• Body of an invoicing e-mail
• Subject of Balance e-mail
• Body of Balance e-mail
• Footer of Balance e-mail
It is possible to upload a file with the logo of the company to the section ‘Logo on the invoice’. The maximum size of the image is 300 × 100 pixels; supported formats are PNG and JPG.
Invoice series– you can add invoice series, thus simplifying discerning between sales invoices. For example, you prepare invoices for the sale of products and services and want those to be discernible at first glance in the invoices list. Under the invoice series, you can add a prefix SERVICE in front of an invoice number of a services invoice (invoice is prepared in the format SERVICE1); for the sale of goods, use GOODS (invoice is prepared in the format GOODS1). In addition, invoice series can be used for differentiating price quotes and invoices.
A new invoice series can be added in the program menu by selecting Settings >
General settings > Invoice series > Add a new entry.
A window opens that contains:
• Is active – if you would like to use a particular invoice series for sales invoices, this must be selected.
• Is the default series – if you would like the program to use a particular series as default, this box must be marked.
• Invoice no. prefix – required field.
• First invoice number – required field.
• Term days – required field.
• Delinquency charge per days as percentage.
Once the necessary information has been provided, you must click on ‘Save’ to add an invoice series.
Bank accounts– here you can add the bank accounts of the company. You should remove the bank accounts that you do not want to add to a sales invoice. By default, each account is set to be displayed on sales invoices. If an entity has several accounts, you should determine which account is used by default for employee compensations. Once you have added a bank account, it cannot be completely deleted; it can only be marked as deleted.
A new bank account can be added in the program menu by selecting Settings > General settings > Bank accounts > Add a new bank account.
A window opens that contains:
- Bank – you can make a selection in a drop-down menu or find a suitable bank.
- Account number – required field. You should add a bank account number to the account number field in its ‘old format’ without the IBAN code (Estonian IBAN has 20 digits – a 6-digit IBAN header, followed by the 14-digit domestic account number. If the account number of the buyer is less than 14 digits, the necessary number of digits is achieved by adding zeros in front of it). Adding an account number correctly is necessary for importing TH5 files with bank account statements.
- Account name – required field. If you select a bank and add an account number, the program will automatically add an account name; however, the name can be customized if necessary.
- Account name (English) – required field. If you select a bank and add an account number, the program will automatically add an account name; however, this can be customized if necessary. This name is displayed in the English version.
- IBAN account number – required field. You must add the entire IBAN account number. Adding an IBAN account number correctly is necessary for importing XML files with bank account statements.
- SWIFT/BIC code – required field; necessary for international payments.
- Opening balance.
- Daily limit.
- Credit limit – if you have determined a credit limit here, then a payment orders file can be created even if the bank account balance in e-Financials is smaller than the total sum of the payment order file.
- Is shown on sales invoices – if you do not want to show it on sales invoices, remove the tick.
- Is the default account for compensations.
Once the necessary information has been provided, click on ‘Save’ to add an account.
VAT numbers and reference numbers– you can view Tax Board’s reference number and VAT number. VAT number is automatically added to the VAT registrations. VAT number is issued by the Tax and Customs Board.