A sales invoice can be added by selecting Billing > Sales invoices > Add a new sales invoice in the program menu. A new sales invoice can also be added by selecting Add a new sales invoice from the shortcuts. Already existing sales invoices can be opened by clicking on the names of sales invoices in the sales invoice list.
When preparing a new invoice, invoice type is determined based on the tab where the invoice is being added; however, this can be changed if necessary. After saving, invoice will move to the correct tab automatically.
A window opens that contains:
Under General information:
• Type – the default type is sales invoice; however, prepayment invoice or price quote can also be created if necessary.
• PDF template – a selection of various invoice templates. When selecting Settings > General settings > Invoice data, it is possible to set a default template.
• Invoice date – date can be selected from a calendar or entered by hand.
• Turnover date – date for making an accounting entry in the e-Financials. You can select it from a calendar or enter by hand.
• Currency – if you would like to create a sales invoice in another currency, this allows selecting the correct currency. After selecting a currency, ‘Exchange rate’ row with gross amount in EUR will appear. Exchange rate row displays the exchange rate and date of extracting the rate from the bank. If necessary, exchange rate can be changed; the rate that appears automatically must be deleted and the necessary rate entered. In this case, the date disappears. Gross amount in EUR displays the amount in euros (it cannot be altered). (Currencies can be activated in the Active Currencies sub-module of the Settings module).
• Receivables account – account for the receivables.
• Mark as paid – it can be used to indicate that an invoice has been settled.
Information about the manner of settling an invoice must be entered on the ‘Account’ field: in cash, from bank account or a transaction with reporting persons. In order to add the possibility of marking an invoice as paid from a bank account, this feature must first be activated in the Settings module. Go to Settings > General settings > Program settings > Change and select ‘Allow marking as paid by bank account’ and save.
Date of calculating the invoice is added automatically to the field of payment date; it is possible to change this.
• Sales invoice contains trade secrets – it is not necessary to declare an invoice marked in this way in a VAT INF declaration, and it will not be taken into account when submitting a VAT INF.
This option appears on sales invoices only if it has been activated in the settings. Go to Settings > General settings > Program settings > Change > check ‘Sales invoice contains trade secrets’ and save.
• Intra-Community supply – when selecting ‘Turnover of goods in EU’, only products with 0% VAT rate or VAT free products can be added to a sales invoice. Invoices with ‘Intra-Community supply’ ticked are automatically included on the VD/VDP declaration by the program. When selecting ‘Intra-Community supply’, buyer’s VAT number (KMKR) must be added. If it has been added to the buyer card, then this field is filled in automatically. When this field is filled in, it becomes possible to check the entered VAT No. When selecting ‘Turnover of goods in EU’, additional choices become available:
• Installation in another member state
• Reseller in a triangular transaction
These options are only displayed for an entity that is VAT liable.
Under the Buyer:
• Buyer – required field. Buyer can be selected from a list or a drop-down menu. A new Buyer can be added with the ‘New Buyer’ button. If ‘Due date / term days’, ‘Delinquency charge percentage per day’ and ‘Reference number’ have been marked on the buyer card, then these fields are automatically filled in after selecting a buyer; however, these can also be changed manually. If the ‘Due date / term days’ and ‘Delinquency charge percentage per day’ differ on the buyer card from the ones on the selected invoice template, then the information on the buyer card is displayed on the sales invoice.
• The place of supply of goods – the country of supply of goods can be selected from a drop-down menu. Default setting is Estonia.
• Invoice number – it is possible to select invoice series. Invoice series can be selected from the menu: Settings > General settings > Invoice series > Add a new entry. Once you have added a due date in days and delinquency charge percentage to the invoice series card, then this information is displayed on sales invoices; however, if a buyer has set a due date and delinquency charge %, then the information entered on the sales invoice is replaced with information on the buyer card.
• Reference number – recommended field. When adding a reference number, the software can automatically reconcile an incoming payment on a bank statement with a respective sales invoice. If a reference number is added to the buyer card, the field is filled in automatically.
• Due date / term days – a required field that is filled in based on the invoice series; however, if a buyer has a personalized due date, then the information on the sales invoice is replaced with the information on the buyer card.
• Delinquency charge percentage per day – a required field that is filled in based on the invoice series; however, if a buyer has a personalized due date, then the information on the sales invoice is replaced with the information on the buyer card.
• Internal notes – this is displayed in lists with a green exclamation mark by the invoice name. Internal notes can be used for leaving comments for internal use; the information is visible in the invoice view and is not added to the invoice that is sent to the buyer.
• Additional information to customer – sales invoices that are sent to the buyer are displayed.
A new product can be added by clicking the ‘Add a new product’ button. Product/service row can be deleted by clicking the cross at the end of the line. Adding a product/service row is mandatory. Another row for product/service can be added by clicking the blue ‘Add a new product/service’ button.
Products/Services section consists of two tabs: Discounts and Cost/Profit Centers.
Discount tabcan be used for entering the name of the product/service, name on the invoice, amount, unit, unit net price, discount %, discount total, net total and VAT %. Product/service name can be entered by searching or selecting it from the product/service drop-down menu.
Cost/Profit Centers tab– is visible on sales invoices only when the Cost/Profit Centers sub-module has been activated and cost/profit centers added to it. To do this: Settings > General settings > Program settings > Change > tick the row ‘Activate cost/profit centers module’.
After the required fields are filled in, click the ‘Save’ or ‘Save and confirm’ button.
When a sales invoice is saved, new entries are not created. A saved sales invoice cannot be found in the Incoming/Outgoing Payments module for reconciling the invoice. In the window of a saved sales invoice, it is possible to confirm, change, copy and delete an invoice.
Saved sales invoice window displays:
• General information about the invoice: invoice date, turnover date, gross sum, invoice file (visible as a sales invoice in PDF format), existing uploaded paper invoice (it is possible to upload an invoice that was issued earlier).
• Buyer’s information: buyer, the place of supply of goods, invoice number, reference number, due date / term days, delinquency charge percentage per day.
• Product/service rows: product/service rows that were entered on the sales invoice are displayed.
In the case of Confirmed sales invoices, accounting entries are added. An invoice can be sent to a buyer as a digital invoice or e-mailed, it can be copied, a credit invoice can be created, it can be marked as doubtful and hopeless, and confirmation can be voided.
Saved sales invoice window displays:
• General information of an invoice.
• Buyer’s information.
• Product/service rows.
• Income by cost/profit center – this field is displayed when the Cost/Profit Center module is activated and cost/profit centers are added. In order to manage cost/profit centers, click the ‘Manage profit centers’ button, which opens an administration window for profit centers on a sales invoice. The window that opens displays product/service information, account and invoice sum in an unaltered form; these cannot be changed. Project, location and person can be changed/added by using a drop-down menu that allows selecting between pre-configured profit centers. In order to save, click on the ‘Save profit center’ button.
• Credit invoices created – this section is displayed only if credit invoices have been prepared for an invoice. This section displays credit invoices for a particular sales invoice, which can be opened by clicking on the name of the credit invoice. Credit invoice number, date, net sum, gross sum and status are displayed for credit invoices.
• Invoice sendings – once an invoice is sent to a buyer, this section contains information on the manner of sending, time of sending, name of the sender, information of the recipient (name of the company, e-mail addresses, an operator in the case of e-invoice), and the status of invoice sending (sent/rejected, date and time). This section is only displayed when an invoice is sent to a buyer as a digital invoice or via e-mail.
• Income of future periods – income can be divided between future periods. When clicking the ‘Periodize’ button, select the necessary month and year as the period; then click on the ‘Next’ button. A window opens automatically, where the sum of the invoice is divided into equal instalments; however, the sums per period can also be altered manually if necessary. Then, click on ‘Save’ button. Now, the deferred income section displays how the invoice is divided between periods and the section for entries displays regular expense entries. Future period income must be divided in accordance with the matching principle of revenues and costs in https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/962347?leiaKehtivclause 16 (6).
• Transactions and settlements – displays transactions and settlements. The existing entries can be opened by clicking on the word ‘View’ at the end of the row.
• Entries – accounting entries for a respective invoice. The existing entries can be opened by clicking on the word ‘View’ at the end of the row.