A purchase invoice can be added by selecting Billing > Purchase invoices > Add a new purchase invoice in the program menu. A new purchase invoice can also be added by selecting Add a new purchase invoice from the shortcuts. Already existing purchase invoices can be opened by clicking on the names of purchase invoices in the purchase invoices list.
A window opens that contains:
Under General information:
• Invoice number – a required field that you find on the invoice you received.
• Invoice date – required field. The date of adding an invoice is automatically set as the invoice date; however, this can be changed if necessary. By changing the invoice date, the turnover date and due date / term days automatically become the same date.
• Turnover date – required field. Invoice date number is added automatically, but that can be changed if necessary.
• Due date / term days – required field. Due date of a purchase invoice can be added as a date or as a number of days; the program will automatically calculate the value of the other field.
• Gross amount – required field. Purchase invoice can be saved without this field; however, it needs to be added manually to confirm an invoice.
• Currency – currency used in the transaction. After selecting a currency, ‘Exchange rate’ row with gross amount in EUR will appear. Exchange rate row displays the exchange rate and date of extracting the rate from the European Central Bank. If necessary, exchange rate can be changed; the rate that appears automatically must be deleted and the necessary rate entered. In this case, the date disappears. Gross amount in EUR displays the amount in euros (it cannot be altered). (Currencies can be activated in the Active Currencies sub-module of the Settings module).
• Mark as paid – used to indicate whether an invoice has been paid or not.
Information about the manner of settling an invoice must be entered on the ‘Account’ row: in cash, from a bank account or a transaction with reporting persons.
Date of calculating the invoice is added automatically to the ‘Payment date’ field; it is possible to change this.
In order to add the possibility of marking an invoice as paid from a bank account, this feature must first be activated in the Settings module. Go to Settings > General settings > Program settings > Change, and select ‘Allow marking as paid by bank account’ and save.
• Supplier – required field. Supplier can be selected from a list or a drop-down menu. A new supplier can be added with the ‘Add a new supplier’ button. When selecting a supplier for a purchase invoice, the existing information from the supplier card is added automatically to the purchase invoice (e.g. bank account number, due date, etc.).
• Supplier name – if necessary, supplier name, which is displayed in the purchase invoice list, can be supplemented.
• Supplier bank account – displayed automatically if the supplier card already contains this information. If information has not been added, it can be done when entering a purchase invoice.
• Reference number – recommended field. When entering a reference number, the software can automatically reconcile a bank statement with a purchase invoice. If the reference number of a supplier’s purchase invoice does not change, it can be entered to the ‘Purchase invoice reference number’ field on the supplier card in the Buyer/Supplier module; in this case, the field is automatically filled in when adding the supplier to a purchase invoice.
• Comment – important information about an invoice can be added; this is displayed in lists as a green exclamation mark in the Invoices view. It is displayed in the list of purchase invoices by the invoice number.
A new product can be added by clicking on the ‘Add a new product’ button. Product/service row can be deleted by clicking the cross at the end of the row. Adding a product/service row is mandatory. Another line for product/service can be added by clicking the blue ‘Add a new product/service’ button.
Products/services section consists of three tabs: VAT, fringe benefits and cost/profit centers.
VAT taballows entering the name of a product/service, transaction account, quantity, unit, net amount, VAT rate and VAT amount account.
Product/service namecan be entered in two ways:
• Adding it manually – if you enter a product/service row manually, you should consider that the data does not appear on the product/service report because there is no overview of previously saved products/services. A product/service that is entered manually can be identified by the fact that it is displayed in a printed form in the Purchase invoices view and not as link.
• Selecting from a drop-down menu – a product/service that is added using this option is also displayed in the products/services report. The products/services drop-down menu includes products/services, the card of which already includes information about expense account. A product/service selected in such a manner can be identified by the fact that it is displayed as a link in the Purchase Invoices view; when the link is clicked, a window with the product/service card opens, containing information about the relevant product/service and sales invoices and purchase invoices related to the product.
Account– required; can be selected from a drop-down menu. If a product/service is added from the drop-down menu, then the expense account from the card is automatically added as an account for the transaction. If necessary, this can be changed.
VAT rate– this is mandatory; it is possible to select a percentage, such as 20%, 9% or 0%, or VAT free or enter a rate.
VAT amount– this is a required field; based on the selected VAT rate, various options are displayed.
Fringe Benefits tab– it is possible to select between various benefits. NB! Currently, Fringe Benefits tab is only informative; selections made on it do not add any accounting entries.
Cost/Profit Centers tab– visible on purchase invoices only when the Cost/Profit Centers sub-module has been activated and cost/profit centers added to it. To do this: Settings > General settings > Program settings > Change > check the row ‘Activate cost/profit centers module’. This tab allows selecting cost/profit centers.
After the required fields are filled in, click the ‘Save’ or ‘Save and confirm’ button.
When a purchase invoice is saved,new entries are not created. A saved purchase invoice cannot be found in the Incoming/Outgoing Payments module for confirming the invoice. In the window of saved purchase invoice, it is possible to confirm, change, copy and delete an invoice.
Saved purchase invoice window displays:
• General information about the invoice: invoice number, invoice date, turnover date, due date / term days, gross amount.
• Supplier information:
• Supplier name as a link. When clicking on the name, supplier card opens, displaying supplier information, balances, balance confirmations, incoming/outgoing payments, purchase invoices and sales invoices.
• Supplier name: if this is changed when entering a purchase invoice, then it is displayed in its new form.
• Supplier bank account.
• Invoice file: here you can add a document that can be in several different formats and is related to the purchase invoice.
• Product/service rows: product/service rows that were entered on the purchase invoice are displayed.
In the case of confirmed purchase invoices, accounting entries are added. Confirmed purchase invoices can be reconciled with an outgoing payment. In order to reconcile with an outgoing payment, a bank statement can be uploaded to the e-Financials or a payment can be entered and reconciled with a purchase invoice manually. If a purchase invoice is marked as paid on the invoice, then the system will automatically make a corresponding entry for payment. Confirmed purchase invoices can be copied or the confirmation can be annulled.
Confirmed purchase invoices view displays:
• General information of an invoice.
• Supplier information.
• Invoice file – files in various formats can be added to the purchase invoice (e.g. cash receipt).
• Product/service lines
• Cost per profit center – this field is displayed when the Cost/Profit Center module is activated and cost/profit centers are added. In order to manage cost/profit centers, click on the ‘Manage profit centers’ button, which opens an administration window for the profit center of a purchase invoice. The window that opens displays the product/service information, account and invoice sum in an unaltered form; these cannot be changed. Project, location and person can be changed/added by using a drop-down menu that allows selecting between pre-configured profit centers. In order to save, click the ‘Save profit center’ button.
• Future period costs – costs can be distributed among future periods (e.g. purchase invoice for the rental of premises is entered; on the invoice, the period is indicated as three months, for example – current, the next and the one after that. When clicking the ‘Periodize’ button, you need to select a month and a year as the period, and then click the ‘Next’ button. A window opens automatically, where the sum of the invoice is divided into equal instalments; however, the sums per period can also be altered manually if necessary. Then, click the ‘Save’ button. Now, the section for future period costs displays how the invoice is divided between periods and the section for entries displays regular expense entries). This is not a loan/lease – the invoice is paid in full; however, the sum is divided into instalments, which are displayed over several periods. Future period costs must be divided according to the matching principle of revenues and costs in https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/962347?leiaKehtiv,clause 16 (6).
• Payments and settlements – displays payments and settlements. The displayed payments and settlements can be opened by clicking on the word ‘View’ at the end of the row.
• Entries – accounting entries about the respective purchase invoice. The existing entries can be opened by clicking on the word ‘View’ at the end of the row.