How do I change the company name through the Company Registration Portal?
- You can check the company name beforehand in the name inquiry of the online information system of the Commercial Register and when you complete the “view similar names” petition.
- You must add as a file the amended articles of association and the minutes of the general meeting or the decision of the shareholders. The latter must include the approved amended articles of association as well as the choice of a new company name.
- Additional documents must be signed digitally or submitted in their original form to the registration department after sending the petition for general procedure. It is sufficient to have it signed digitally only by one member of the management board unless specifications regarding rights of representation have been provided.
Changing the address in the register data
- If the location changes from one local municipality area to another, the articles of association need to be amended. You need to attach to the electronic petition as a file the amended articles of association and the minutes of the general meeting or the decision of the shareholders about approving the articles of association.
- If the address changes e.g. within the same city, you do not need to attach additional documents to the electronic petition, and the portal will not ask for a state fee.
Who needs to sign the petition and which documents need to be submitted when appointing or removing members of the management board?
- Upon both appointing and removing members of the management board, the minutes of the general meeting or the decision of the shareholders must be attached as a file to the petition.
- Document must be signed digitally. If it is not possible to add the document with digital signatures, you can add it without signatures and when you reach the payment stage, select “Decline expedited procedure, select regular procedure”. You must decline expedited procedure in order to send the original documents on paper to the registration department after submitting the petition electronically.
- Upon appointing a new member of the management board, it is possible to specify the term of office.
- When a new member of the management board is appointed, that person has to give his or her consent by signing the document digitally. When removing a member of the management board from the register, the portal gives an option for the person removed to sign the document, but his or her signature is not compulsory and the petition may be sent for procedure without it.
How can I amend the articles of association electronically?
- The amended or new articles of association must be attached as a file to the row of the articles of association in the petition for amending entries. The document, as with all other additional documents, must be in PDF, or .bdoc .ddoc (containing PDF file) format and smaller than 5 MB.
- The portal asks for the date of approval or amending when submitting the articles of association. You only need to fill in one of them.
- On the last row of the “Additional documents submitted with the petition for entry” petition, the decision of the board about approving the new or amended articles of association must be attached as a file.
How can I rectify shortcomings through the Company Registration Portal when a regulation has been issued?
- When the petition for amending the entry has been sent for procedure, it is not possible to add missing signatures or documents to a petition that is already being processed. To rectify shortcomings, you can submit a new petition to amend the entry but you do not need to pay the state fee again. In the payment stage, select “Decline expedited procedure, select regular procedure” and thereafter “Submit the petition for entry for procedure”.